Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Transfer to Sudbury! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!
Man oh man, This week was kinda rough on me at first with receiving my second new companion in the field and totally new area to get used to. But after many laughs and adventures the amazing Elder Bowman we are getting closer and working hard. Sudbury itself is very different from Barrie, the weather is very rainy right now, and it is seeming a total Ghetto town! There are cops, drugs, Prostitutes and everything here kinda scetchy, But I know that Gods got my back. After all you aren't a missionary till you contact a prostitute and talk about the law of chastity so I'll see what I can do. haha

My area has lots of little areas that we cover and a lot of driving is required. During the recent twitter posting "day in the life of a missionary" we went and did service cleaning a park and also taught quite a few lessons done that day. In that night we took 2 Ysa's to go see some formers and we went to go see one that was in the middle of no where. We walk up to the drive way and out of the black of night comes a huge dark American Pitbull guarding the house. "Maybe it's chained?" Elder Bowman says and we wait to look and... Nope definitely not chained so we all carefully backed up and then booked it to the car so crazy, went back and got a pic of him....this time he was on a chain, Missionary luck. 



I gave a talk in church this sunday and it was Awkward because what is in the bulletin but my full name....(Face Palm) Any who, I spoke on how we can Follow our Savior Jesus Christ more closely in our lives. It went pretty well, I spoke on the experiences of Peter, James and John while fishing the first time meeting the Savior and when Peter was told to feed my sheep. The simple things in this life bring in an abundance of faith and as we apply them it moves us to act on being like the Lord. Prayer, Studies, Church, do it, its worth it trust me.

For Thanksgiving Sunday we had 2 Turkey dinners, Our bellies were so packed. It was SWEET!! Then Monday we were invited to come help a member Skin and carve up his moose he shot this week to fill his freezer, it was a "Blast." We actually scored some of the moose meat and after several hours we collected 100lbs of meat off the calf. Tonight we are going back for dinner mmmmmoose yum yum yum.



Mom Dad I love to hear you are doing so much missionary work it makes me feel closer to you than we physically are right now in this world. Keep working with those sisters I've heard good things about them. I also like the FHE Pyramid Picture you gave Nice work.( J stop growing seriously!)

Love ya'll
Elder Muirhead

No comments:

Post a Comment