Monday, December 29, 2014

Transfer Time! Training and Toronto

Mom and Dad, 
Thank you again so much for such an amazing Christmas it was so much fun to see you all, and to open such awesome gifts. The Raptors Jersey is sooo SICK!! The Elders are super jealous - haha winning.
So in Crazy news transfer calls came in today and Elder Bowman is staying and I am....
Going to Toronto!! Don Mills North Area and I will be... Follow up training! What?! My new companions name is Elder Morby he is only half way through his training so I am finishing it with him. Sweet! So yes I have an "adopted son" now pretty cool. Even cooler is that he comes from the same missionary line as me, our "Grandpa Elder" is Elder Perret who trained Elder Baumgartner and Elder Barlow, and this is Elder Barlow's "son" I am stealing and adopting, he is my "cousin/son" in the mission. Confused yet? haha

Man oh man, please pray for me. Being a trainer is going to be hard work even in a new area, and it is a new style for me because it is all on the TTC Buses.
I loved to see all the Pictures from Christmas Nicole sent me, You are all so happy and cute.

I was able to get some pictures of members here in Sudbury before I left, and I head out today and stay at the Mansion and will meet my new companion tomorrow and hit the ground running.
We had a very cool experience with a less active this week. His name is Christopher and we decided to go see him. He has struggled with the word of wisdom and comeing to church plus he got a job that kills all of his free time. When we arrived he came to the door and said "wow it is my day off and you know I am having a really hard time and I was talking to my Girlfriend about you guys and how I wanted to see you and then I prayed to God and you came 2 minutes later..." It took us 20 minutes to get there but the timing of the Lord is so Awesomely exact. The spirit was so strong that he began to open his heart and let us know all his hard feelings towards the Lord and himself. His mother passed and he blamed God. We taught and testified of the purpose of this life is to be refined through trials and that his mothers passing wasn't the end but a trial of his faith to test him to stay true to the things she taught him . The spirit took over the visit as we shared scripture, testimony, personal experience and we gave him a blessing. He was in tears and he was comforted a little to know how now he can recognize Gods love in other blessings in his life and not to dwell on the past, "The Lord suffered so much more and you and are no better than him so you have no reason to blame God for the consequences in life."
Through Christ we can get through anything but only if we let him help us 
Matthew 11:28-30
 28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Love you all so much have fun This New Years,
Elder Muirhead

So bad news my sd card is being stupid and not reading anything.....so I guess I have to reformat everything.. meaning all my photos are toast.... can you please collect all the photos I have sent you and save them on the computer.

Also. Man, I had so much stuff I barely fit it all in my bags haha I don't need any more stuff for a while...and I have one more package to get too....that will be interesting fitting it in.








New Batman PJ's!

No comments:

Post a Comment