Monday, June 8, 2015

Finding my voice, Baby Blessings and seminary

Dear Family,
This week has been interesting to say the least, the weather has been on and off with blazing heat and pouring rain (right now it is pouring rain). We have been striving so diligently to try and find people to teach and we found a couple possibilities one man named Julius from the Philipines, and the best name I have heard on a mission Jean-Baptist....I know pretty awesome. I keep imagining the day he accepts the gospel and we are able to say we baptized John the Baptist hahahaha. 

I have been struggling with being able to just open my mouth and speak to people lately,



I have been over thinking everything and have been trying to get back to my old mojo. I had an interesting study about looking at people in the scriptures that were strengthened and empowered by God. My favorite was Enoch in Moses 6:32-34, God commands Enoch to open his mouth and he shall be given power and well look at all Enoch was able to do with his voice alone, AMAZING. I was able to read and see that the Lord was aware of all the trails that his prophets had and what gifts were able to help them endure through them, I know that the Lord will do the same for me as I follow the council of NIKE and " JUST DO IT".

Funny story.....Well yesterday we were at a dinner appointment at a members home and the girls there asked me about seminary and they asked "did you graduate seminary?" "..Ummm no, not even one year actually I didn't like it at the time, Lucky enough I am on a mission so that I can make up for all my seminary assignments haha" They laughed and then they asked my companion the same thing "yes I graduated with 100% attendance" I responded with "BOOOO!!!!" They thought it was hilarious. 

Okay are you ready for the coolest thing that happened to me this week.....

So our Less active Kon Kon is a single mother of 3 and she has a 4 months old boy, and as we were helping her plan out the baby blessing for little Cody, she asked me to bless him.... WHAT!! So yup I gave my first baby blessing yesterday, the spirit was so touching to me it was like I had a glimpse of the love that God has for that little one. Plus I was able to hold a baby on my mission BONUS!!! That is so rare, because we can't normally do that as missionaries. LUCKY LUCKY ME! I love Babies, I can't wait for my own someday.


I got a picture of me and Kon Kon's family after Church. 

Going to work on getting more pictures this week. 

Of course I feel all your prayers they are what help me going each morning....cause you know I am not much of a morning person at all. lol

Love love love you all and hope you have a great week! 
Elder Muirhead


No comments:

Post a Comment