Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Miracles in Barrie

Hey Mama, Dad and family. Sorry we had P-day moved due to a holiday on Monday, so you get me today! yay! 

I did as you asked me Mom and sent you my written letter and my testimony in the mail today! This week has been interesting for sure, we went to visit non member friends of a sister in our ward, "Flo and Hubert" they are an older Jamaican couple and they are so awesome! We went to do some service and pruned their trees they in return gave us jerk chicken. She then said " My friend made it for you, not me!" I then returned with "You could have put it on a plate and we would have thought it was you haha!" She then laughs and slaps my arm and says" I"m no Fake!" lol We love her, I decided to call her Grandma Flo when I talk about her with Elder B. 

Elder B. Is doing great as a District Leader, his lessons and the way he focuses on goals is actually quite inspiring. Our last District meeting was in Orillia and we went on a finding hour to help them out. We came across a man named Mike who is Baptist, he called us a cult a few times to which we asked "do you know what a cult is?" no answer but just debated to how to be saved by the blood of Christ alone and had no interest in listening to anything we had to say even though we used all Bible references. Oh well, it's sad when people won't talk with you.

This weekend we had a crazy experience, it was Fast Sunday and we needed to find some new Investigators to teach so I prayed for that in my fast. We went to go visit an investigator we have right now and park, as we did a lady is walking by, I get out of the car and she say to us " holy **** I think i'm in the wrong place?" We thought she meant cause of us but she eventually told us she had brain damage from drug over dose and doesn't remember too well but wanted to say thanks to God for her life! So we gave her a Book of Mormon and taught her how to pray and walked to her friends house which is next door to where we were going (What??!) Our Investigators Mom was outside and we gave her a Book of Mormon also and prayed with her SO SWEET 2 miracles in 5 mins! GRIN

Yesterday we were walking back to the apartment and I decided to walk on one side of the street where we found (not a minute later) a man who stopped and talked to us and told me that he has depression and anxiety issues and thought it was cause of his sins and that God was punishing him. I told him it was just a normal struggle and that the Lord loves him, he feels people look down on him alot. He also said he wants to be saved and we offered to come teach him to which he accepted, so we shall see how he does.

Miracles are unfolding In Barrie!! Thank you for your prayers for me and my companion they are of great importance to us.

The Gospel is true, and by faith and diligence the Spirit is able to guide us in our life and to reach our goals.

I love you like souls need saving 
like Moses needs his rod

like John Tanner needs his leg

like Thomas S. Monson needs to wiggle his ears and more!
Love you all!
Elder Muirhead

P.S. - hey I forgot to mention that tomorrow it is our Zone Training and I am singing in the musical number with other missionaries the song, "Lord I would Follow Thee." it will be great.

P.P.S.-

Can you and Dad help me with my Family History info and send me some names to look up? I asked both sets of my Grand parents today to help me as well but I looked and listed there is only up to 4 gens back on dads side. I felt like we can do better then that..... LET DO IT TOGETHER K !!!



Josh, Brigs, Noah and Lola - I got a "must have shirt" haha nanananannana BATMAN! love ya!
Hope you all get my letter soon.

Dad, what was your biggest fear was on your mission and how did you overcome it? and What was the weirdest or funniest moment you had on your Mission?

No comments:

Post a Comment