This week has been so crazy slow...probably because I didn't have my medication that I needed? but I am getting those today YAY! My Missionary skills are sharpening, but at the same time I have just so much more to do! Elder B. and I have started doing the "Purification Challenge", which is where we write a list of things we can change and fast on them for 40 days to improve our spiritual abundance. I'm excited to say that I see some results already, one day we were about to go to one street and a strong feeling came over me and I felt inclined to go somewhere else. I looked at the map and said go here, when we came to the street there was a man who I just felt so strong to speak to so I went over and started to talk with him. He turned out to be a really nice atheist, but I believe it may affect him or someone in the future from our visit some how? Neat experience.
We also had a street knocking story this week, a Russian man came to the door and said, "No Thank you, I know Everything you are going to tell me." So we, seeing that we can't go anywhere with him offered him a picture of Christ. He then says " Who is this?" I admit it kinda startled us and raised an eyebrow or two since he said he knew everything we were going to share. "That's Jesus Christ,The son of God" we said. "Son of God who told you this?" "God and the Holy Ghost." "How do you know? Do you have birth certificate?" he said and then he closed the door. It was interesting to run into someone who apparently knows everything yet nothing haha. The Birth Certificate line was funny though.
We are working with a new investigator named Kirsten and she was so happy to see something different than the Bible which she has issues with. In fact her kids went to Catholic school and brought home a kids bible to let Kirsten hold for even a second and she said "Nope I dont want to touch that book." In meeting with her she has felt the spirit from the Book of Mormon and I have been able to make the connections between both books so she can understand how things are the way the Lord intended it to be like, So for her the bible...work in progress, Book of mormon loves it. ** Update: She has a date set to be Baptized please pray for her, we also want our investigator Alec to be able to commit to making that decision (he's had 2 dates already) please pray for him too. It would be so great to have that added Muirhead Pack prayer assistance!
Oh I took your request to the test Mom in taking name tag pictures and I hope you enjoy the beauty I took after a long day!
Family I love you all and I love seeing everyones pics and stories it makes me feel like I'm there a little bit. Glad to see you all so Happy! The Lord is helping me and refining me, and I am amazed by the speed of growth.
Today in my studies I have looked up the Armour of God from Paul in Ephesians so great to learn and look up in my institute manuals.
Things I need to work on is sending more pictures I know this and I will work on it! at least I take a few a week.
Keep pushing the Lord's work forward!
Love you,
Elder Muirhead
JOSH, BRIGS, NOAH and LOLA - Your Big Bro loves you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment