First we had our investigator's 16 year old daughter Sadhana come to church by herself which was so cool. Then, her mom asked us to locate a church in Trinidad while she was there for the week. We set a Baptismal date for the 1st of Feb she is so prepared!! She was able to repeat back the restoration and the Plan of Salvation, Prepared or what! The mom comes back on Wednesday so we will get her (Esther) date with Sadhana's. YAY! pray for this family they are sick! (as in awesome for my Grandparents who don't know what Sick means).
We have had wicked cold snaps lately and both our jackets were not cutting it so we were told by the mission office of a sale on 80% off winter coats which turned out to be triple Canadian Goose jackets they are sooooo nice and warm. We are now able to withstand the recent weather!
Another missionary has left to go into the mission field and gave his farewell talk yesterday, it was pretty sweet and fun seeing him try to hold back the tears. Then all of our amazing Filipino families went nuts on the luncheon after church it was amazing...I love Filipino food now.
This morning was the most stressful day of my mission, and yes on a Pday. We awoke with little bite marks and went for a hunt... sure enough as the people of Egypt dealt with locusts we have bed bugs!! AHHH! So Ticked!! I was getting so anxious but we took all matters into our hands. We told our super who is getting the pest control guy in on Thursday, cleaned everything like crazy, laundry maniacs and the bugs we did find I put in a zip lock bag and gave them a Nordic funeral and lit them on FIRE!!....we may have to stay with the Zone leaders, we shall see. Going today to get plastic bed covers, bug power and cordizone we luckily had for the itchy bites....I am telling you that bed bugs are the nastiest thing ever!! can't believe they aren't extinct I hate them. Makes me miss the west cost so much :( haha but still the work needs to press forward.
| Disgusting Yucky Bed Bugs! |
We are doing well here and things are starting to pick up in the work, Elder Morby's training is going so well. He inspired me to improve every day I love this guy!
Thank you for the pics and the prayers.
Love you
Elder Muirhead
P.S. The pic of Lola and dad is so cute, I am so proud to hear that all my little crew is doing so well in church and in the spirit of Christ. Congrats on the calling Mom, now we will all be working together even closer to serve the Lord how awesome is that!! I will be taking that quote from Bishop Carter hahaha all aboard LOVE IT!
And I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment