Monday, September 8, 2014

Barrie, Nerf Gun Wars, and Mission President

Hello everyone, 
What a crazy week full of yet more exciting miracles, good laughs, hard times, and I receive them all so I may have experience. I had a fun time on exchange in Orillia with Elder Yonalunis, we had nerf gun wars in the apartment, got Tim hortons, pranked each other what a blast! He helped me realize I need to trust even more in the Lord for guidance in my prayers and to ask when ever I feel lost which is something I have been slowly implementing in my routine. There was a huge lightning storm that night while we were at a members house for dinner, we thought that trees were coming down ( some trees did..) But we made it safe and got a cool light show in the sky from the lightning.

Stake conference was very well done on Saturday, the theme is missionary work and President Clayton and his wife both spoke and motivated the stake, I love them. Sunday Kristen and Ryan both came to church! YAY!! They are moving forward so well and finally we have been able to look forward to a baptism or two in the next few weeks.

Amazing enough our first investigator Alec has been miserable without us and we were able to meet with him again and work again on commitment issues. He did not attend church yet...gaaaaahhh, work in progress.

Yesterday we got to teach a addict named Randy, who Used to be a drug dealer in Toronto selling cocaine and pot...nice guy though! He really wants to change his life to feel more spiritual again, so we invited him to go to a addiction recovery program this week which he said he would love to go. 

We went to visit Tara and give her a blessing, as we knocked and were about the leave she came and sat down totally drunk and a man in a truck comes and talks totally rude to us "come on Tara you don't want to talk to these losers, they can take a hike." Elder Baumgartner asked what was going on "I dont see how that's any of you buisness" Then I stepped in and said that we are her friends and want to make sure she is ok, but he took Tara inside and locked up....awkward. 

I still Love being a missionary
Elder Muirhead

Attached are pics of me being a goof ball

No comments:

Post a Comment