We have been going so hard at talking to everyone we can and inviting them to learn more or to let us know of a referral we can go by. We were prompted to go one day to a home of a man on the directory to see if he still lived there, the member had moved but we contacted another man named Samuel. Now when we knocked on Samuel's door he was hiding behind the door because he had no clothes on haha. He told us that he was cooking for him and his 2 year old son. We told him who we are, and he knew who we were already from seeing missionaries around back in the Philippines. He at first offered a bottle of water "I trust fellow Christians" He said and then invited us in. He then ran around the apartment towards the bed room covering his crotch as he pranced in his underwear and told us to take a seat on the couch. He came back clothed for public view and made us pancakes and told us he was Catholic, and said that we could return on Thursday to share a message with his family.
We also found another awesome Filipino man investigator for English class this Saturday amazing!
Yesterday we went and taught a lady we talked to named Juliet, she is from India and she's Catholic. We brought a member with us and taught her and her husband and met her daughter who unfortunately had homework to do so she bolted. We taught a powerful lesson on the Restoration and they said that they would read the Book of Mormon and study carefully and pray about it to know of its truthfulness. They are so amazing they made us dinner after!! Official new favorite investigators hahaha.
+Mormon 9:15- God has not ceased to be a God of miracles!!
On Saturdays for my Job as a building manager (in charge of English class) I teach the district, and this week I had to lovingly rebuke for some of our district for non-professionalism, then I instructed on how my previous discussions were based off of Christ-like attributes from Preach My Gospel. The Topic for that day was about "Power and Authority" I had each of the missionaries bring their individual ministerial certificates and testified that they were given the trust and Authority to go and teach all nations. Then had all who were present to bare testimony on why they came out on a mission, and the spirit flooded the room!
I testify that the power and Authority of the Lord is in not only the missionaries of the Church, but every one of the saints of the Church of the Lord.
I love you all so much and thought of each of your faces through out the week, I am feeling more happy and the Atonement helps me work through grief and to grow from Papa's passing, just wanted you to know that I am getting there.
With Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment