Hey guys hows it going?
I have had a very exhausting week with all the grief stuff, it kinda just bunched up like a snowball. I have had troubles with feeling the spirit this week with that going on, and yet I continued to pray that I would feel it comfort me in the due timing of the Lord. Thursday night President Clayton calls me and tells me that there is a family from NewFound Land who are coming to have a funeral for their loved one (Janet who also had Alzheimers for 18 years as I later found out). They requested a full time missionary to speak about the plan of salvation to a congregation of all Non Members, and asked me to do this special assignment, oh and it was the next day...Great! Of course I accepted while I was quite nervous, a room full of non Members and I don't even know the deceased, I don't know how to do this....Jesus Take The Wheel! Haha. I stood up and shared my condolences and shared about Grandpa a bit, and then started to teach and testify of the plan of salvation. It was a really uncomfortable situation, I saw lots of people giggle and joke about what was some of the more tender parts of the gospel, I felt that they were just sooo unresponsive, but after we had a few people come and ask questions about missions. A little later I discovered that a couple referrals came from the funeral, Wow so cool! Yet I didn't really feel the spirit at that point. But yesterday in testimony meeting I felt inspired to rise and step forward and testify. So I do and share the whisperings of my heart and shared that Jesus knows how to help out with all trials and that he is "the Great Physician!" The spirit came in so strong into me and it was a great comfort that let me let go of the stresses of the week.
I have been learning more and more about the Plan of Salvation from different resources and have been learning that death truly is just all part of the plan to immortality and exaltation.
Later Sunday night, we went to see Heather and read some of the Book of Mormon with her and invited her to pray to find if its true for herself. Now Heather doesn't have a lot of confidence right now and was very nervous, the spirit led us to stop and wait. Silence came into the room not a sound, and Heather says " why is it so quiet in here, not even the cats are making noise?" I asked her what she thought it was, "it must be from him I guess" we then assured her that God was watching and comforting her to be able to accomplish saying a prayer with us, and she did! it was great!
I love you all and want nothing more than to scoop all you little monkeys up and snuggle in a dog pile.
Church is true... Don't forget it ;)
Elder Muirhead!
No comments:
Post a Comment