Monday, September 14, 2015

A New Greenie

Dear Family,
That is so awesome to hear that June Tompkin emailed you, she was my favorite lady ever in Toronto. She always made us laugh and had us over for dinner weekly. On my Birthday she insisted to take us out to Swiss Challet. Very Missionary minded lady and brought lots of her exchange student tenants to learn of the gospel hahaha. Let her know that she means a lot to me and that I miss her too. 

I am glad to hear that little Seger is doing okay and I continue to pray for him and I can look to see if I can get him on the Toronto temple prayer roll as well. 

The kids all sound like they are having a great time with school and work. Hard to believe that Josh is off to High school and seminary and working hard...He was a kid when I left and I am proud to see that he is growing faster and faster....just means that I have some wrestling competition when I return home.

I am a "Daddy"!!! My Greenie's name is Elder Toly and he is from Lethbridge, AB. YAY!! CANADIAN! He is fresh out of high school, 18 and he is a pretty good Elder already, he asks a lot of questions which shows me that he wants to be working hard and that is great to hear. As I was in the process of picking him up we saw Elder Sopal about ready to hop on home at the end of his mission, Both of us know him and we took a picture and shared some laughs. 

Saying goodbye to Elder Canlas was hard but I was amazed at his focus to the very end, he returned with honor. We took dying photos of him and me since I was the one to kill him off before he went home haha. (the term used as Missionaries leave their mission)

Training is going good and it feels fun to get back into the program with new missionaries. I feel like an older brother to Elder Toly and I serve him all the time and let him know that he is free to speak him mind at any point. 

Great news Dustin is getting baptized!! yay! we are so stoked for this Saturday and we need as many prayers his way as we can to help him not smoke at all this week. We are so proud of him and hope that he makes it. 

Annie did make it to church and even invited us to dinner, unfortunately we couldn't make it but we thought it was super sweet of her to do that. 

I am very tired working at 200% capacity and I am learning to move in bursts to help out with that. 

How are Family home evenings going? are you doing any really fun activities together? 

Hope all the best to you my beloved family! 
Elder Muirhead

No comments:

Post a Comment