Christmas is almost around the corner and I have been going crazy to think that this will be my second Christmas away from home! What?! It was an interesting reflection to think on all the changes in my life in the last year or 2 and how this Christmas is still a big change, As I was pondering these things in the Christmas devotional as the music was playing I received the peace of the spirit letting me know that all will be alright and only one more Christmas till I celebrate it again with my family! Beautiful thought for me I was teary.
| Thanks for the tie bar you guys! |
In Nan's email today I found this that just made it even better to think about "Missionaries leave their family for two years so others can live with their family for eternity." Oh how I love you so much, I miss your faces and laughter and your excitement that abounds at this time of year. Thank you for your continued prayers that daily enlarge my soul to endure and press forward in faith even in the dark winter were I have been feeling S.A.D. disorder but alas I am continually brought to the great thankfulness to the Lord for all that he blesses me with in each second of my missionary work.
I was able to have a great miracle happen to me when I needed it, I was struggling to open my mouth for a couple days. At the end of one night I was saying my prayers before bed and shared with the Lord my struggle and asked that I might receive the ability to go and find one prepared person the next day. Throughout the next day I was talking with people and looking for the person I knew that the Lord had been saving for me to speak with. It took all day but I was answered and found a man named Jamie, he has been looking to find the gospel back in his life, he also said that he would like to come to church and so yeah pretty cool!
Well it is still snowless here in Bowmanville. We have been looking to get in with more people throughout this busy time and I have faith that it will work out eventually!
I hope that Noah and Lola got their Birthday cards. Sorry I don't have Christmas ideas! I am so lame!!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better and thinking of me through the car dents I left you Mom.
I loved the Christmas devotional especially cause I didn't get to see it last year, Elder Bednar is awesome I continually enjoy his witness of the Savior as the Light of the world and his story telling of the first Christmas in the Book of Mormon.
Check it and share it: #asaviorisborn! Christmas.mormon.org
Seasons greetings is a lame saying, it is MERRY CHRIST-MAS!
Elder Muirhead
No comments:
Post a Comment